The full Data Protection Policy is available at https://www.bangor.ac.uk/planning/dataprotection/documents/data-protection-policy.pdf
1. What information do we collect?
When you use the App or Website you may provide us with personal information such as screen name, email address and postcode, location, device model (“information”). You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with information by registering to use the Saltmarsh App: the only pieces of personal information you have to provide is your screen name, email address, postcode, gender and occupation. You will be asked to register a password and answer 5 questions about saltmarsh use.
- During completion of a survey you will provide information about your location, the vegetation and soil type observed and any accompanying photos. If you have provided your email address to us, this information will be linked to your email address
2. How do we use the information that you provide to us?
We use your information to inform research projects, (and in doing so we may share data with research partners, but will only ever do so in a manner which does not identify you as an individual).
- Submitted data will be used to provide logged-in users with detailed and combined information about their survey.
- If submitted data is made available to other users or general public, it will only be presented with the associated screen name, leaving out email and obscuring the users’ identity.
- Data collected during app usage is anonymous and cannot be used to identify individual users. Users have the ability to opt-out of sending this data.
3. Will my personal information be provided to third parties?
In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third party organisations:
- We may supply your personal information to third parties who help us administer the App and Website. Such third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as we do and are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on our specific instructions.
- Routinely collected data will also be used for the purpose of research and may be shared with research partners.
- Unless expressly permitted by you the University will not share this information with any third party organisations other than as described in clauses3i. and 3ii.
4. Your consent
5. How can you access your Information?
You may request access to all your personal information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org account (subject: FAO the saltmarsh app administrator), or by writing to the University’s Data Protection Officer at the address shown above.
6. Where we store your personal data
All communication to/from the Website and App will be protected by SSL encryption.
8. Governing Document